Whether you’re frying hamburgers in the skillet or in the backyard grill, here are ten delicious hamburger recipes that will have friends and family asking for more. You don’t have to offer all flavors at once, but it’s a good idea to provide 2 or 3 different types of burgers to satisfy the taste buds of all your guests.
You’ll need at least 1/4 pound of ground beef per person. Add more if you have hearty eaters. Start each recipe with a medium sized mixing bowl and 1 pound of ground beef. Here are some mixtures that are simple but scrumptious. All of the extras you add can be increased or decreased according to taste and texture preferences.
- Barbecue burgers. Mix 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce with the ground beef. For a sweeter barbecue flavor, add 1-2 tablespoons of honey. For a zestier zing, sprinkle Tabasco sauce to taste.
- Aloha burgers. For those who prefer a tropical touch in their hamburgers, add 1/3 cup of teriyaki sauce and 1/2 cup of crushed canned or fresh pineapple.
- Gingersnap burgers. If you have guests with a penchant for sugar and spice and everything nice, delight them by adding 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger, a dash of cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Traditional burgers. Mix old-school toppings such as diced onions, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and mustard for those who like more traditional burgers. Don’t forget the salt and pepper.
- Chiliburgers. Mix 1 teaspoon of chili powder, diced onions, diced bell peppers, and 3 tablespoons of ketchup with the ground beef. Bean lovers will smile if you add either pinto beans or kidney beans.
- Peanut butter and jelly burgers. Offer your guests a throwback flavor from simpler times by mixing in 1/2 cup of peanut butter and 1/2 cup of jelly to the ground beef. If you offer this one, you’ll want to have extra peanut butter and jelly available for toppings.
Mushroom cheeseburgers. The committed cheese lover will thank you for adding 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms to the ground beef.
- Pizza burgers. Combine 1/2 cup of pizza sauce, 1/2 cup of diced pepperoni, 1/4 cup of diced onions, and a dash of oregano to satisfy your pizza loving friends.
- Salsa burgers. Mix 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa, 1/4 cup of diced onions, and 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro to the ground beef.
- Garden burgers. Add 1/2 cup shredded carrots, 1/4 cup shredded radishes, 1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes, 1/2 cup chopped spinach, and 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce to the ground beef for a fresh-from-the garden flavor.
Mix and form the burgers in advance. You can refrigerate or freeze them the day before the get-together to allow the flavors to meld and to keep preparation less hectic as you put the finishing touches on everything else. Offer traditional and nontraditional sides, such as sliced tomatoes, lettuce, onions, bacon bits, cheese slices, mushroom sauce, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and sriracha sauce. These simple hamburger recipes will help you to become a competent home chef in no time 🙂